Friday, October 7, 2011

small but significant

Ok, so this past weekend we just had General Conference for my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints).  For some reason this specific conference hit me hard.  So many things were said that I really needed to hear. If I wrote them all down in this post it would be a novel, so I will post my feelings on it one post at a time, whatever I feel to be right at the time. Today this felt right. 


Lessons Learned:
"My dear brothers and sisters, it may be true that man is nothing in comparison to the greatness of the universe. At times we may even feel insignificant, invisible, alone or forgotten. But always remember---you matter to Him!...
...no matter where you live, no matter how humble your circumstances, how meager your employment, hoe limited your abilites, hoe ordinary your appearance, or how little your calling the Church may appear to you, you are not invisible to your Heavenly Father. He loves you. He knows your humble heart and your acts of love and kindness. Together, they for a lasting testimony of your fidelity and faith...
...Brothers and sisters, the most powerful Being in the universe in the Father of your spirit. He knows you. He loves you with perfect love...
...God sees you not only as a mortal being on a small planet who lives for a brief season---He sees you as His child. He sees you as the being you are capable and designed to become. He wants you to know that you matter to Him..."
(Dieter F. Uchtdorf) His whole talk found here.


I am a wife, stay-at-home mother, beautician, sister, daughter, friend, and I serve in my ward as the Young Women Secretary. I live in a very small 1 bedroom condo. I am small and ordinary and at times I feel my life to be of no extra-ordinary significance... but I know that I matter. I am significant in the eyes of the Lord. I matter. You matter. I know this to be true. 



No comments:

Post a Comment