Monday, June 21, 2010

Choose Happiness

Recently I have found that I get to choose the way I feel. Sounds pretty obvious but I have discovered that with my new lifestyle of being a full time mom you don't get a lot for yourself. Sometimes I even find I have to find time to go to the bathroom. I felt myself getting more and more stressed out and feeling well not quite "my-happy-self." My wonderful husband gave me some advice that normally I would be giving to someone else in need, but in this case I got some of my own "medicine." He asked me if I had been saying my daily prayers and reading my scriptures. "Whoa!" I thought. I had been but not with real intent. It was more of a hurry and get it done because I have to kind of thing! Of course everything changed once I chose to make it meaningful. And then in return it became a lot easier to choose to be happy. To this day it still amazes me how the gospel works! All I know is that it does work and even sometimes everyone needs a bit of reminding that it does! Lesson learned:

"Yes, my beloved brothers and sisters, life is good if we live in such a way to make it so. Believing, desiring, deciding, and choosing correctly are the simple actions that define an increase in happiness and an increase in the inner assurance that transcends this life."
(Benjamín De Hoyos, "True Happiness: A Conscious Decision," Nov. 2005, 32)

No comments:

Post a Comment