Sunday, July 8, 2012

In a pickle.


Last year my mother's husband, Michael, went to visit his grandmother.  She was 101 years old. . . And up until the year before that she had been living on her own, still fully capable of taking care of herself.  Michael asked her how she was doing and could see she seemed a little frustrated.  She replied:
"Michael, I'm in a bit of a pickle."  
The next day she peacefully passed away and made her way back to Heavenly Father.

When I heard that story, I was surprised at how I felt.  I so admired her strength, her eternal perspective on life, but also that the thing we call death was a little bit frustrating for her.  She loved her family here and her life here and yet has so much on the other side to look forward to as well.  I can only imagine being so close to death and feeling the way she felt.  "In a bit of a pickle."

So with that said, I am in a bit of a pickle. No I'm not on my death bed, at least I think and hope not.  This is truly a silly thing but I am need of some advice, so to speak.  For quite some time now I have been struggling with the idea of having two blogs. One for my life and the other for my spiritual thoughts.  I started blogging to mainly keep a journal of my life. An easier way to scrapbook.  I started compiling my "lessons learned" on spiritual experiences and decided to start a different blog on that.  Hence, my thought blog was created.  At first I did this because I felt most people would not like to read into the depths of my soul and quite frankly would get bored and detract from wanting to be updated on our life.
When I got my tonsils out I started sharing a little more on the spiritual side of things on my other blog.  I received positive feedback. The more and more I have pondered on such a silly thing, I have decided to put on hold my Lessons Learned blog.  BUT I have not put on hold my lessons learned! I feel it important to combine the two, for more then one reason.  My main reason is because when all is said and done, I don't have two different lives, and with the two blogs it seems as such. This is my life.  Spiritual and life. They are one in my eyes and I no longer feel it necessary to separate the two. I have already started posting half spiritual things and half life adventure things.    
 Are you all gonna be sad if there isn't a Lessons Learned blog anymore?!  And combining it all on my Simply Happy blog?! (I guess it's happening anyway. . .feedback will help determine if it's permanent or not!) 
 Thank you friends and family!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way of expressing yourself! I think it is so true that you cannot disconnect spiritual events from daily life, I love to hear both of them!

    ReplyDelete