Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Divine Calling

This past week my little boy has been doing so much. I feel like he grew up over night. He just hit 6 months and I feel like he is already 5 yrs. He is all over the place. It is so fun for me to watch him learn. As I was enjoying this week, watching him roll all over the place, eat rice cereal for the first time, drink out of a cup, etc... I suddenly felt like I hit a brick wall. My heart sunk. I had no idea why I felt such...RESPONSIBILITY. That's right. Responsibility.  Things have been so AWESOME.  I felt like I was on top of the world. Finally getting the hang of this "mom thing".  And then without warning WORRY for my little boy's future over powered me.  I couldn't sleep all night. I felt sick inside. I even felt scared. I no longer felt confident. Doubt and failure kept running through my mind. How do I raise my little boy? All of a sudden the basics seemed hard. Where do I even start? Good heavens. After hours of complete torture, I said a little prayer. Comfort, strength, knowledge, humility, patience. I am grateful for the Lord's work. I am grateful that He knows me and is always there to guide me. "Kim, you are capable. Not only capable but you are chosen for this. You have the great privilege and duty to be a mother in Zion." 
Lessons Learned:

"The Lord has directed, Bring up your children in light and truth. To me, there is no more important human effort. Being a father or a mother is not only a great challenge; it is a divine calling. It is an effort requiring consecration. President David O. McKay (1873-1970) stated that being parents is the greatest trust that has been given to human beings."
--President James E. Faust, A Thousand Threads of Love, Ensign, Oct. 2005, 3




No comments:

Post a Comment