Monday, July 5, 2010

Why do you live the gospel?

My ward has just started this new Sunday school class on Provident Living.  I LOVE it. We talked about temporal and spiritual needs.  We discovered that all things are spiritual.  Everything given to us is God's.  All the way down to our talents that able us to work to provide for our families.  Brian made the comment that when we pay tithing it isn't giving God our 10%, it's that God gave us 100% and we are just giving back 10%. I really liked a comment someone made in the class though.  The question was "Why do we live the gospel?"  Why do we live the gospel?  Why do we do the things we do?  Why are we obediant?  Why do we keep coming back to church? There are many answers and I'm sure you have your own point on it but I liked what he said. He said: 1. We live the gospel because we are afraid of the consequences. 2. We live the gospel because we desire blessings. 3. We live the gospel because we love God. 
Lesson Learned:
"If ye love me keep my commandments." (John 14:15)   so "Keep my commandments, If ye love me."
I would like to add a number 4 though to the list of why we live the gospel.  4. We live the gospel because it brings us happiness. I don't think any of us want to be in a state of unhappiness.  Yes we have hard times in our lives but with the Atonement we can have those hard times and still be happy.  Like I stated earlier.  We choose happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment