Sunday, January 29, 2012

Faith

I knew I wanted to write today. But I didn't know what about. As I sit here and ponder on what things have been on my mind lately the word faith keeps coming through. Faith. I am overwhelmed by the spirit I have felt today at church.  So many great things learned.
I have someone that I care much about investigating the church right now.  As questions arise in this person, I find myself wanting so bad to put inside them the feelings I have of the knowledge I have of the truthfulness of the gospel. I realize that this is something that will only happen when they can search themselves (line upon line), pray, and feel the Holy Ghost bare witness to them of the truth. When they feel that,  it is up to them to choose to have faith, and ultimately grow in the gospel and feel of the joy and blessings it brings. "Faith is dead without works."


Lesson Learned:


"I am not surprised that comparatively few people join the Church from among the large number on whom the missionaries call. There’s no faith. On the other hand, I am amazed that so many do. It is a marvelous and wonderful thing that thousands are touched by the miracle of the Holy Spirit, that they believe and accept and become members. They are baptized. Their lives are forever touched for good. Miracles occur. A seed of faith comes into their hearts. It enlarges as they learn. And they accept principle upon principle, until they have every one of the marvelous blessings that come to those who walk with faith in this, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
It is faith that is the converter. It is faith that is the teacher. Thus it has been from the beginning."
(Gordon B. Hinckley)
I look back to when I first (remember) started to gain and nourish my testimony of this gospel. It was only when I had faith that these things were true, that's when I felt for myself it indeed was.  It is a scary thing to believe in something unseen.  And yes, I may have never seen (in this earth life) Jesus Christ or Heavenly Father, BUT boy have I felt, through the power of the Holy Ghost, that they are there and indeed did all that is taught. And as I hold on to those feelings, I keep pushing through life in hopes to strengthen my faith in them and one day become perfected as the Lord would have it. 
Right now, as I wait with the unknown future at hand, people ask me if it bothers me that I don't know even when I am moving, or even where for that matter.  A year ago I would say yes. Now, I have to admit there is not a drop of fear in my heart for my future. (Maybe a bit of anxiousness, but not fear)  I have faith. Faith in the Lord that He has a plan for us and that we will be happy. No matter where, when, or what we are doing. No matter the hardships that come, the mountains to climb, or the rivers to cross. He knows all, He is there, and I have faith that I have a purpose in this life. And that purpose will come to pass, with much joy, in the guidance of my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment