Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Peace, faith, gratitude

Last week we found out my husband got the engineer slot in the Air Force, we have been waiting for a very long time (last March) to find this out. And in waiting, it's interesting the things that have happened that have prepared me for my future as a military wife. Even after he put in for the slot I STILL didn't love the idea of the military. I struggled, really struggled. It's hard to explain the emotions felt but lets just say it was not something I dreamed about as a little girl.
Something changed in the last few months. I don't know exactly when it happened but I know what made it happen. My feelings of fear, anger, sadness, and abandonment have almost all but left me. In their place, I have deep gratitude and peace. 
Gratitude for my Heavenly Father, Savior, family, friends, strangers I've crossed paths with, and my country. Especially for my Heavenly Father and Savior. I put my complete faith and trust in them. My whole future. No back up plan. And in doing that one thing, they gave me more then I even bargained for.  Not only did the Lord take care of me and reassure to me that He will ALWAYS be there to take care of me but He gave me many life experiences that has taught me some very valuable things the past couple months. My perspective on a lot things has changed, and to that I am deeply grateful. My days are filled with more joy because of this perspective. I am more grateful for the little things. Like that old guy at the grocery store who stopped to simply try and make my son smile. He will never know that because of him and his friendliness, I'm not scared anymore to go grocery shopping (because of the shooting by my house).  Silly but really.
I am proud to say that I am still nervous, but I am excited. I'm excited to see what my future holds and happy to be a military wife. To support my husband and my country. I have faith knowing the Lord's plan for my little family is important and that He will always be there along the way.

Lesson Learned:
"I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you." (John 14:18)
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)


A very very good friend of mine, some one who I look up to and that I hold very dear to my heart told this to me once (she knows who she is):

"Fear knocked
Faith answered
Nothing was there"


Faith is real. It works. The Lord is real. He is there. He answers prayers. And He will never leave us. I know that to be true because I have tried faith and have felt His guiding hand in my life. Even in the darkest moments. To that I will be forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment